LA-KE1 - Pentax K-mount lenses to Sony E-mount cameras adapter (FW v02)
MonsterAdapter LA-KE1 electronic adapter is designed to adapt Pentax K Mount KAF lenses to Sony E Mount mirrorless bodies with the features including auto-focus, aperture control and EXIF recording etc.
Please beware the customs tax, if any, is not included.
The latest firmware for MonsterAdapter LA-KE1 is v02.
If you are using an older version of firmware and want to download the latest firmware upgrade package, please download the updater here: MonsterAdapterLA-KE1v02.zip (Windows PC Only)
- The world’s first and only AF adapter for K Mount! It’s equipped with dual motors for screw-drive AF and iris control from the camera body.*1
- Designed for full frame, offering options of more than 10 E-mount camera bodies for KAF lens users.
- Unleashs full potentials of KAF lenses with the most advanced PDAF capability from mirrorless bodies. With the reliable AF accuracy, you may be surprised by the sharpness of your old lenses like never before.
- Allows the bodies’ powerful PDAF capabilities*2 to work with KAF lenses, opening a whole new world for users with
- much larger AF points coverage across the frame;
- human & animal eye-focusing;
- AI-assisted continuous auto focus (AF-C) with high frame rates like 10-30 fps, whatever is offered by the mirrorless body;
- Compatible with KAF、KAF2、KAF3、KAF4 lenses.*3
- With built-in contacts, it can automatically recognize the lens mounted and transfer EXIF to the camera body.
Note: Because of the limits of the old screw-drive lenses like AF noise and power consumption, LA-KE1 is designed for still shooting only and its most features are not available when shooting videos.
LA-KE1 brings multiple AF advantages from Sony E bodies to Pentax KAF lenses, including hundreds of AF points across the frame, human/animal eye focus, real time AF tracking and AE in continuous shooting mode, etc.
Increased sharpness with your Vintage lenses
Your K-mount lenses now gets more sharper! By using cutting edge On-Sensor-Phase-Detection-AF technology of mirrorless cameras, screw driven lenses can get more precise AF results than before.
A7C + LA-KE1 + smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited wide open
Extended Focus Point Coverage
The coverage of the focus point has been extended to almost full screen, allowing you to create more with freedom.
Human/pet's eye tracking
Now K-mount lenses can also achieve tracking on the eyes of people and pets, allowing the subject to look more brilliant in the photos.
Continuous AF and AE
LA-KE1 can make K-mount lenses achieve AF and AE continuously when shooting at a maximum of about 30 frames per second (camera support required) and the focusing accuracy will be highly improved at high-speed AFC mode
Shooting with Stabilization
The camera body will automatically enable 5-axis anti-shake stabilization while shooting, just like SR function on K-mount bodies.
Full featured K-mount
With K-mount communication contacts, power contacts and AF switch. the LA-KE1 adapter is compatible with K-mount lenses from KAF to KAF4, maximizing the lens compatibility.
Dual built-in motorsLA-KE1 has both built-in aperture motor and screw-drive AF motor, allowing K-mount lenses to achieve auto focus and auto exposure on mirrorless cameras. It can automatically recognize and control traditional mechanical aperture and KAF4 electromagnetic aperture as well as traditional screwdriver focus lens and SDM/DC/PLM motor lens.
Metal integral molding
The main body of LA-KE1 adopts a metal integral molding process to ensure the durability of the adapter.
No bokeh cut
The internal space of the adapter is optimally maximized so that the bokeh won’t be cut when large-aperture lenses are in use.
Note: Uncut(left), with bokeh cut(right). Photo taken with D-FA* Pentax 50mm f1.4 SDM with MonsterAdapter LA-KE1 final version(left) and prototype(right)
Unique Focus Mode Selection switch
For lenses like smc DA* Pentax 200mm f2.8 SDM, they both have an SDM motor and a screwdriver focusing mechanism. The AF drive mode can be selected via this switch in case the SDM motor fails. The position 1 is screwdriver, and the position 2 is SDM.
Note: This switch is only valid for lenses with dual drives.
Can you imagine this is an adapter with only 96 grams (0.2lb)? Even less than 1/3 of a can of soda. The lightweight design of LA-KE1 will save you the weight of one extra K-mount lens in your backpack.
Upgrade firmware via camera
The adapter firmware will be upgraded through camera body like the same you do with native lenses so there is no USB port on the adapter through which the water and dust may get in.
Supported Camera Models
Supported Lenses(Firmware v02):
Please note: LA-KE1 will continue to expand autofocus support for K-mount lenses through free firmware upgrades. Lenses that are not in the list below cannot be guaranteed for the time being. Stay tuned for follow-up firmware updates.
Prime Lenses (44)
- smc PENTAX-DA 15mm F4 AL Limited
- HD PENTAX-DA 15mm F4 AL Limited
- HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR
- smc PENTAX-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited
- HD PENTAX-DA 21mm F3.2 ED AL Limited
- smc PENTAX-FA* 24mm F2 AL[IF]
- smc PENTAX-F 28mm F2.8
- smc PENTAX-FA 28mm F2.8 AL
- smc PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited
- HD PENTAX-FA 31mm F1.8 Limited
- smc PENTAX-FA 35mm F2 AL
- Samsung/Schneider D-XENOGON 35mm F2
- HD PENTAX-FA 35mm F2
- smc PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.4 AL
- smc PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
- HD PENTAX-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
- smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited
- HD PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited
- smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS
- smc PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
- HD PENTAX-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
- HD PENTAX-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW
- smc PENTAX-F 50mm F1.4
- smc PENTAX-FA 50mm F1.4
- smc PENTAX-DA 50mm F1.8
- smc PENTAX-FA Macro 50mm F2.8
- smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 50mm F2.8
- smc PENTAX-DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM
- smc PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
- HD PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
- smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
- HD PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
- smc PENTAX-FA* 85mm F1.4 [IF]
- HD PENTAX-D FA 85mm F1.4 ED SDM AW
- smc PENTAX-F Macro 100mm F2.8
- smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR
- Samsung/Schneider D-XENON 100mm F2.8 Macro
- smc PENTAX-FA 135mm F2.8 [IF]
- smc PENTAX-FA* 200mm F2.8 ED[IF]
- smc PENTAX-DA* 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM
- smc PENTAX-FA* 300mm F2.8 ED[IF]
- smc PENTAX-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM
- smc PENTAX-FA* 300mm F4.5 ED[IF]
- smc PENTAX-FA* 400mm F5.6 ED[IF]
- HD PENTAX-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW
- smc PENTAX-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL [IF] SDM
- HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
- smc PENTAX-DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM
- smc PENTAX-DA* 60-250mm F4 [IF] SDM
- HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW
- HD PENTAX-D FA 70-210mm F4 ED SDM WR
- smc PENTAX-FA* 80-200mm F2.8 ED[IF]
- HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW
Note: For lenses not in the supported list, their performance cannot be used as the basis for return or exchange.
*1. If the lens is with the aperture ring, it needs to be put on “A” mode to allow the adapter to work properly with AF, otherwise the adapter will only allow MF.
*2. What exactly the PDAF related capabilities are available will depend on the body being used with the adapter. Please refer to the camera manual for detailed information.
*3. The adapter will support the screw-drive AF and mechanic lever aperture control lenses (F, FA, DA, DFA series) first, and through firmware updates, it will later support the motorized AF lenses (SDM, DC) and the electromagnetic aperture lenses. And, the older A and M series lenses will not be supported.
Approximate 80 x 60 x 33mm
Approximate 96g (0.2lb)
- Mount adapter LA-KE1 x 1
- Body cap x 1
- Rear cap x 1
- Set of printed documentation
Shenzhen Muohuan Optics-electrical technology Co., Ltd.